Senior Front End Developer
At Prophecy Unlimited, we’re all about making every moment matter; by pinpointing when and how people connect with a brand and maximising the value of each interaction to create more effective experiences.
Here, values are more than just words on a wall. They underpin everything we do, every day. And we’re always looking for more like-minded people to join us.
- Authentic through and through, we always keep it real.
- With constant collaboration underpinning our work, our people support one another to be the best they can be, because we’re in it together.
- For us, “that’ll do” will never do. We always find a better way – for our clients, our business and our people.
About the role
Our Senior Front End Developers play a key role in Prophecy’s creative team. The Creative team is a community of talents who work together to create compelling ideas and experiences that engage the customers on the journey from acquisition to advocacy.
You will work closely with our specialists across UX, BA and Testing to build award winning web projects
Join us as our new Senior Front End Developer and we’ll look to you to:
- Be a guiding light, recommending approaches and contributing to shaping our wider processes, looking to constantly improve our FE offering
- Work with the technologists across the agency to define our client-side development strategy
- Build client-side web applications using clean, well-documented and secure code
- Build solutions to meet technical and design specifications, creating and maintaining technical and process documentations
- Bring both creative input and a technical knowledge to the team, determining the best technical route to bring digital briefs to life
- Mentor and manage a team of talented Front End Developers, paving the way for them to fulfil their full potentia
To join us as our Senior Front End Developer you’ll need:
- Demonstrable deep knowledge of:
- CSS and SCSS/SASS, including styling architectures
- Semantic HTML5
- Task runners such as Gulp, Grunt, Gradle npm or webpack
- Node and NPM/yarn dependency management
- Integrating with and designing RESTful API’s
- An understanding of design and architecture patterns, including SOLID software design principles and approaches to implementing them
- Experience in a similar level role, with a good understanding of Agile methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum
- A good understanding of DevOps methodologies and processes including CI/CD
- Experience with Git, including branch management techniques such as Gitflow/GitHubFlow
- Experience of engaging and motivating a thriving team of FEDs, providing support and setting SMART objectives
- A genuine passion for learning and discovery
Just across the bridge from Temple Meads, our modern, open-plan office couldn’t be more conveniently located. Here, you’ll find a collaborative and supportive environment, career development and training at every turn - and all of this, too:
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Your birthday off and Volunteer day
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme
- Fresh fruit, breakfast and great coffee on us
- A calendar of social and charity events throughout the year
And much more…
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team.
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 6th September 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community